I’ve been nominated for my first award! I’d like to thank the illustrious John Heatz for nominating me for the Liebster award! Liebster means something like beloved in German, so it’s nice to know I’m appreciated in the blogosphere (the most respected of all spheres, might I add).
So, there are a few rules for accepting this award:
1. Post the Liebster Award graphic on your site.
2. Thank the blogger who nominated your blog.
3. The nominee is asked to write 11 facts about themselves.
4. Answer the 11 questions from the post of the person who nominated them.
5. The nominee will nominate 9 other blogs.
6. The nominee will then create 11 questions of their own for their nominated bloggers to answer in their Liebster post.
1. I secretly love The Smiths.
2. I’ve been playing guitar for a while but I usually just play a Tenniscoats or Radiohead song. I should probably expand my repertoire.
3. I’ve been dating the same guy for almost 4 years. We’re high school sweethearts, in fact.
4. I decided to start this blog after I went into a full discourse about video games being a medium for high art after playing Journey. My boyfriend found it amusing and encouraged I go on the internet and write about it.
5. I guess you would call me a feminist. I’m all for gender equality.
6. I’m a fan of Stanley Kubrick, Roman Polanski, Akira Kurosawa and Woody Allen films.
7. My favorite childhood video games: Power Stone, Space Channel 5 and Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.
8. My favorite novel is probably The Great Gatsby, The Stranger or Cat’s Cradle, I’m not quite sure. My favorite poem is definitely Those Winter Sundays.
9. I will watch pretty much any horror movie. Seriously. It’s more of a curse than anything.
10. Best video game memory: playing through Resident Evil 4 four times in a row with my boyfriend and getting every single bobblehead doll. Every single one. Oh, and staying up all night playing Tekken 3 and kicking his ass with Xiaoyu.
11. I’m currently attending a state university. I am pursuing a bachelor’s in Computer Science. It’s whatevs.
Answers to John Heatz‘s questions:
- What did you want to be when you were a kid? A: A Dragon Ball Z character, probably.
- Are you following the path of what your “youngerself” wanted for you? A: No, and I’m pretty glad I’m not. I had bad ideas as a child. Ideas like skimboards with rockets.
- If you could do whatever you wanted for a day, what would you choose to do that day? A: Travel. Where would depend on my mood that day.
- If you could have one super-power…which one would that be? A: Ability to fly. It’s not practical, but it’d be fun.
- Why would you choose the super-power you mentioned above? A: No more waiting in traffic. Plus, I could start freerunning without any risk, which is the dream, right? Again, it’s not very practical.
- You survive the apocalypse, there are just some survivors around the world, no safe place, you have no idea what can be out there, there’s no communication, electricity or basically…anything…what do yo do? A: Well, there’s a good deal to this question… I would probably use my knowledge from Bruce Lee movies and the Mad Max films to survive. It’s probably not going to be pretty.
- What’s the first thing you think of when someone asks you “who are you”? (believe it or not, this is a tough one!) A: A person in the middle of an existential crisis. This is probably the most succinct.
- If you could change anything about yourself…what would that be, and why? A: I wouldn’t necessarily change anything about myself. I mean, I strive to better myself every day, but there’s nothing I wish would change, I suppose.
- If you could travel through time, what would you do with that ability? A: Travel to the future so I could beat everyone in fantasy basketball. So, probably the least effective use of time travel you could ever think of.
- What’s your favorite game type? (this might not be that well asked, so for example, FPS, TPS, RTS…) A: I love all types of games, but if I have to pick it would have to be RPGs (of every variety).
- What’s your biggest ambition? A: My biggest ambition is probably already accomplished: to hang out with my best friend every day. Living with my boyfriend has been the longest sleepover of my life and it’s absolutely fantastic. Everything else is ancillary at best. But, really, I suppose my other biggest ambition would actually encompass many ambitions; to live life fully, as cliche as it sounds. Owning my own business, traveling, trying everything, learning, running, jumping, climbing trees (and yes, you caught me, the last three compose part of an Eddie Izzard joke) are all encompassed in that goal.
Okay, so on to spreading some of the love! My 9 nominations are (in no particular order):
- Geek Force Network
- Indie Gamer Chick
- United We Game
- Mind the Games
- The Gamer’s Standard
- Counter Attack
1. What is your first video game related memory?
2. Favorite arcade game(s)?
3. Favorite console(s)?
4. How many Pokemon games have you owned? Be honest, I’m absolutely certain it is at the very least one.
5. What is the most underrated video game, in your opinion?
6. Most underrated film?
7. Why are you blogging?
8. What are your video game guilty pleasures?
9. Favorite quote?
10. Who are you as a blogger? Or, who are you as a blogger? Put the emphasis where you think it’s necessary and answer appropriately.
11. Sherlock Holmes or Dr. Watson?
So, that wraps it up for my Liebster award! Thanks again to John Heatz for the nomination!
– Game Blog Girl